We cannot wait to see everyone next week and are working with the district to have everything ready to go. The safety of our campers and our coaches is our number one priority. We have pushed the start date back to June 10th in order to have all the necessary equipment required in the guidelines set by the UIL. I am attaching an updated flyer, and adding some key information everyone needs to know before next week. More detailed information will be out soon.
· Limiting personal interaction – Except for reasonable safety considerations, such as spotting, students and staff must maintain at least six feet of distance from all sides when not actively exercising. When actively exercising, students and coaches must maintain at least ten feet of distance from all sides when possible. In the weight room, spotters will cover their mouth and nose.
· Hygiene – hand washing will be emphasized before, during, and after team activities when practicable.
· Cleaning and sanitation – routine and enhanced cleaning and sanitation measures will be implemented.
· Safe access to facilities – facility entry and exit points will be coordinated to minimize personal interaction and facilitate social distancing.
· SHS Staff will keep a 1:20 coach to student ratio at all times. Each session will hold a maximum of 180 campers.
· Screening procedures for student-athletes – daily symptom and temperature screening assessment will be required of student-athletes. Staff will continue to be screened daily. Attendance is optional. If you feel sick or have symptoms of illness, please stay home.
· Students may not be given access to locker rooms or shower facilities. Students should report to workouts in proper gear and immediately return home to shower at end of the workout.
· There can be no shared water or food. Each student will need to bring their own labeled water bottle/jug. It is recommended students bring their own small towel and drawstring bag for mask, phones, cleats, keys, etc. No clothing or towels may be laundered on site or shared during workouts.
· Specific bathrooms will be available for use.
Other Important information from Athletics:
Physicals for next year:
In an effort to lessen the burden on health care professionals, athletes who have a current physical on file from the 2019-2020 school year may use that physical for the upcoming school year. Those athletes will be required to complete a medical questionnaire on Rank One. Parents may choose to still have their child undergo an annual physical exam if they wish to do so.
Athletes that do not have a current physical on file will be required to complete one for the 2020-2021 school year.
Here is the link to the new form: https://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/forms/PrePhysFormRvsd4_24_20.pdf
Rank One for 20-21 school year:
Rank One is now updated so that all student-athletes can fill out the required paperwork for the 2020-2021 school year.
With Spartan Pride!