Stratford has a long history of highly competitive sports teams with athletes who not only build on their natural skill and talent but grow as leaders, teammates and students.
There is a pride that comes with being a student at Stratford High School. But beyond that, our athletes are out there every day pushing themselves to Earn the Right to Win!
The Stratford High School Spartan Booster Club will award a minimum of fifteen (15) $1,500 scholarships to Stratford High School Senior athletes. The winners will be chosen based on academic achievement, coachability, leadership, overall work ethic, attitude, and team building skills.
The individuals who receive the scholarships must be:
1. A Stratford High School senior that participates in one or more UIL athletic programs and is in good standing in each. *defined as UIL athlete or UIL athletic trainer
2. A college bound student athlete. The students who win must show proof of college acceptance to a 2 year or 4 year program by submitting a paid fee statement or a copy of class enrollment from your new student orientation.
Instructions for a complete application packet:
1. Fill out the information in this form and submit it.
2. Request references from two people - One (1) faculty or staff member at Stratford High School and one (1) from the coach of your sport. Send them the link to the form (see below) so they can complete and ask them to email the completed forms to Nicole Ngo at email@example.com.
3. Compose and write an essay (no longer than one page typed) on the following subject:
“What participation in athletics at Stratford High School has meant to me.”
4. Email your essay to Nicole Ngo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your email your full name and sport(s) that you play.
DEADLINE: Thursday, April 30, 2020 @ 3:00 PM